So if you're having trouble recently getting Quicken to download transactions from Wells Fargo and your getting errors, especially this one.
QMac 2017: AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:ccscrape.181).
then I have a solution. We could go into why this is happening but I'm sure you'd just rather skip to the solution and maybe read about the "why" later so here goes.
1. Go to your accounts in Quicken and disconnect or disable any accounts with Quicken connect or Direct connect.
2. Go to this website: (don't worry it's legit)
and sign in. You will now see what I've copied and pasted from the site below. The gist of it is you will be charged $3 a month now to use Quicken and that you have 10 minutes to reconnect Quicken. (See why you can't get out of paying that at the end of the solution)
Thank you for using Online Banking with Quicken(R) or QuickBooks(R) at Wells Fargo. Our records indicate that within the last month, your QuickBooks(R) or Quicken(R) service at Wells Fargo has changed in one of the following ways resulting in a change to your monthly service fee:
- The software you use to connect to Wells Fargo has changed. (i.e. Quicken to QuickBooks)
- You have started paying bills through your software.
- You have moved from a personal to a business relationship with Wells Fargo.
- A change to your billing plan was made per your request via Wells Fargo's Online Customer Service.
You will see the updated fee in your next statement and/or online. To view the fee schedule, please visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/online-banking/software/fees
Please refer to Wells Fargo Online Access Agreement for terms and conditions. If you have any comments or questions, please contact us at 1-800-956-4442 for more information. We are available to assist you 5:00 am to 9:00 pm Pacific Time, Sunday through Saturday.
3. Verify your identification via text. ( You will now have 10 mins to reconnect Quicken)
4. Verify your identity via text.
5. Go back to Quicken Accounts and setup downloads. IMPORTANT! *** If you had quicken setup with anything other than Direct Connect you must do an extra step.
**When selecting Wells Fargo Bank as your financial institution you must not press continue. First look for a grey button on the left of ( Continue) that says "Options" press that and select Direct connect. Now you can continue.
I have fixed all of my clients issues following these steps. I will try and post pictures of the process and provide clearer details once I have the time. I wanted to get this out there as soon as possible so that I could hopefully help one of you who is having this issue.
Here is the info that says you have to pay $3 a month for any Quicken access to Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo Fees
Wells Fargo just started this as of October. I've tried to get the fees waived for clients who have been using Quicken since 2002 without paying a fee and it was a no go.
If you need any help please feel free to reach out to me via my website.